Original generation time 0.6027 seconds.
- When it comes to child poverty and deprivation, New Zealand ranks in the bottom third of OECD countries
- New Zealand’s poor investment in children and the early years costs the country $6b every year
- 27% of New Zealand children live in poverty
- The rate for children of Pacifika communities is 34% of children in poverty.
- Tamariki Maori and Pasifika constitute more than half of New Zealand children living below the poverty line
- Key strategies include increasing literacy in the home, and greater availability of early childhood education